• Over 31 million American employees regularly use illegal drugs
• 571 Million U.S. work days are lost annually due to alcohol abuse
Can you afford this kind of risk at your worksite??
Recent data by the U.S. Department of Justice shows that each employee abusing drugs and or alcohol costs employers $10,000-$12,000 annually and that 10-23% of the workforce may have a drug and/or alcohol problem.
Drug and alcohol abuse is a serious problem in the workplace.
A recent survey of drug users shows:
• 75% admitted to using illegal drugs while working
• 64% acknowledged that their drug use impeded their work performance
• 44% stated that they had a drug related work accident
• 18% reported that they had stolen from their employer to support their drug addiction